The Continuum of Care Performance program supports nonprofit agencies that provide homelessness prevention and assistance services. The program is funded through HUD's competitive Continuum of Care process. MFA partners with the New Mexico Coalition to End Homelessness to provide funding through this program to agencies across the state.
For more information on the Continuum of Care process, please contact the New Mexico Coalition to End Homelessness: www.nmceh.org.
2014 Contract Forms
- Submit your request for reimbursement using the Online Invoicing System
- Memo on Eligible Expenses (updated 8/18/14)
- Sample Time Tracking
- Sample Equipment Inventory (updated 8/18/14)
- Participant File Checklist (updated 8/18/14)
- Homeless Documentation Checklist
- CoC PowerPoint (updated 8/18/14)
- Homeless Emergency Assistance and Rapid Transition to Housing
- COC Performance Program Manual
- OMB Cost Principles - Side By Side for All Agency Types
- 2 CFR 230 (OMB A-122): Cost Principles for Non-Profits
- 2 CFR 225 (OMB A-87): Cost Principles for State and Local Governments
- Auditor's Responsibility for Fraud Detection, from HUD
- The Sarbanes-Oxley Act and Implications for Non-Profits, from HUD
Continuum of Care Performance Awards
The goal of the Continuum of Care Performance Awards is to provide an incentive to our state’s two Continuum of Care to meet and exceed relevant performance measures. The eligible uses of the funding will continue to be any eligible uses of the agency’s CoC funds as defined by HUD.
Funds to be used July 1, 2015 to June 30, 2016
- March 2015 MFA releases funding announcement
- End of March 2015 Responses due to MFA from agencies
- April 2015 Sub-grantees submit renewal packets with completed request for funding application
- May 2015 NMCEH conducts CoC renewal process, receives renewal packages from agencies and submits information to MFA
- June 2015 MFA executes CoC performance award contracts
- July 2015 New program year begins
Proposed Goals for MFA Funding for Albuquerque and Balance-of-State CoC Agencies
Permanent Supportive Housing:
i. At least 65 percent of clients served during the program year remain in the program for at least seven months. Formula #1: Total number of clients who exited who stayed at least six months + total number of clients who are still in the program who have been there at least six months.
ii. If outcome (i) is not met, then at least 60 percent of clients served during the program year remained in the program for at least six months. Formula is the same as formula #1 AND at least 85 percent of clients served throughout the program year are still in the program and exited to another type of permanent housing. Formula #2: Total number of clients who exited to permanent housing + total number of clients currently in the program.
iii. HUD goal is 77 percent, using formula #1.
i. At least 60 percent of clients who exited the program during the program year moved into permanent housing.
ii. HUD goal is 65 percent.