image desccription

Housing Opportunities for Persons With AIDS:  HOPWA

Funding under the HOPWA program is available to nonprofit organizations that serve people who are HIV positive and/or are living with AIDS. The program provides rental assistance as well as short-term rent, mortgage and utility payments to prevent the tenant or mortgagor of a dwelling from becoming homeless. HOPWA also provides supportive services that include healthcare, mental health assessment, permanent housing placement, drug and alcohol abuse treatment and counseling, personal assistance and nutrition services.  (Healthcare services may only be provided to individuals with AIDS or related diseases and not to their family members.) Two New Mexico agencies currently receive HOPWA funding:

Southwest Care Center -- Offices in Santa Fe and Española 505-989-8200 or 1-888-320-8200,  

Southwest Care Center provides HOPWA rental assistance for eligible persons living in the following counties: Bernalillo, Catron, Chaves, Cibola, Colfax, Curry, De Baca, Doña Ana, Eddy, Grant, Guadalupe, Harding, Hidalgo, Lea, Lincoln, Los Alamos, McKinley, Mora, Otero, Quay, Rio Arriba, Roosevelt, Sandoval, San Juan, San Miguel, Santa Fe, Sierra, Socorro, Taos, Torrance, Union and Valencia Counties

Housing Services Directories

MFA's Housing Services Directory has listings for lenders, REALTORS, governmental agencies, property owners and managers and not-for-profit organizations.

download pdf >

Request up to two copies of MFA's Housing Services Directory at no charge.

link to more info >

Agencies that provide rent and utility assistance.

link to more info >

Agencies that provide emergency shelter and assistance.

link to more info >
Secure File Transfer

Secure File Transfer Login Portal

link to

Secure File Transfer Manual

download pdf