Development Loan Manager
Be part of the team that provides affordable housing opportunities to New Mexicans statewide. New Mexico Finance Authority (MFA) has an opening within the Housing Development Department for Development Loan Manager.
This position will manage and oversee the Housing Development department’s loan production process, including the origination, underwriting, and closing of new loans for the construction, acquisition and/or rehabilitation of affordable rental multifamily and single-family development projects. Provide technical assistance and information about our various loan products to MFA’s development partners and prospective borrowers. Review, modify/restructure problem loans as needed. Review and revise policies regarding MFA loan products as needed, structure new loan products as needed. Manage the department’s Federal, State, and internal loan programs, as assigned, ensuring that program policies are up to date and that internal and external customers are well-informed.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s in business administration, real estate, urban studies/planning or closely related field and one or more years of relevant work experience in commercial lending and loan underwriting, multifamily construction/development preferred. May substitute four or more years of relevant work experience in commercial loan underwriting, lending and credit analysis, or real estate development for education requirement. Knowledge of federal, state, and local housing programs preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Relate to and interact with a non-traditional and diverse customers and employee population
- Understanding and knowledge of commercial real estate lending practices and commercial loan documentation
- Knowledge of specific requirements of each loan program, construction lending and draw process
- Read, analyze, and interpret standards, policies, procedures, and regulations
- Knowledge of HUD and other affordable funding program requirements preferred
- Commercial loan underwriting skills
- Understanding of financial statements
- Understanding of NM Qualified Action Plan and understanding of the Low Income Housing Tax Credit program preferred
- Understanding of advanced financial analysis of commercial real estate transactions
- Work independently
- Balance competing requirements and needs of client organizations
How to Apply:
To apply via our website, complete the form below or send your resume and professional references to:
Human Resources Director at 344 Fourth St. SW, Albuquerque, NM 87102