Lenders and REALTORS
Find Housing and Assistance
State Tax Credits for Affordable Housing Development
NM Energy$mart Weatherization Program
MFA's NM Energy$mart weatherization assistance program provides energy-saving retrofits and home modifications at no charge to eligible homeowners and renters.
- The New Mexico Energy$mart program is part of the nationwide Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP).
- WAP operates in all states and territories and has been administered and funded by the Department of Energy (DOE) since 1976.
- From 2010 through the present, MFA has managed the New Mexico Energy$mart program for New Mexico residents resulting in:
- 10,388 fully-weatherized homes
- A 27 percent average energy savings per home
- Annual average savings of $210-$250 on utility expenses per home
- 58,000 gallons of water saved every day due to the installation of low-flow devices in weatherized homes
- 21.7 metric tons of carbon saved annually in each weatherized home for a total carbon savings of 218,148 metric tons
- Energy saving measures and home repairs for health and safety reasons are provided at no cost to occupants.
- To qualify for the program, homeowners and renters must apply through one of three service providers listed for the geographical area of applicant residence.
- Funders of the program include DOE, Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP), New Mexico Gas, PNM, Central Valley Electric, Climate Change Leadership Institute and the state of New Mexico.