RFQ to Provide Event and Conference Planning Services the 2025 New Mexico Mortgage Finance Authority Housing Summit
Event and Conference Planning Services for the 2025 New Mexico Mortgage Finance Authority Housing Summit - Request for Qualifications (RFQ):
The purpose of this Request for Qualifications (RFQ) is to invite the submittal of qualification statements, in accordance with MFA Procurement Policy, from highly qualified, capable persons or firms, who by reason of their skill, knowledge, and experience are able to furnish MFA with event and conference planning services for the 2025 New Mexico Mortgage Finance Authority Housing Summit. The services will include the following:
- Strategic Planning
- Assisting in Developing a Budget for the Event/Conference
- Set-up of Registration System for Conference Participants (Please see explanation below).
- Organizing Sponsors including mapping Exhibitor Hall and coordinating with Hotel
- On-Site Management with Hotel during the Days of the Event/Conference
- Post Event Analysis of Event/Conference Logistics and Execution
MFA will be hosting the 2025 New Mexico Mortgage Finance Authority Housing Summit in conjunction with MFA’s 50th Anniversary celebrations. The Housing Summitt attracts participants from around the state as well as out-of-state. Among the conference attendees are MFA non-profit service provider partners, lenders, developers, realtors, special guests such as local and state elected officials and MFA staff. Historically, the Housing Summit has been a two- and half-day event starting on Wednesday afternoon with an evening gathering, all-day Thursday and half-day Friday. The Thursday breakfast session usually has a special guest speaker, and the Thursday lunch session involves presenting various awards. Friday’s breakfast event also includes a special guest speaker.
One (1) electronic PDF copy provided via email to email@example.com of the Offeror’s submission must be received by MFA, no later than December 8, 2023, at 4:00 PM, Mountain Standard Time. This timeline may be extended at MFA’s discretion. Submissions will not be opened publicly and will not be available for public inspection until after the approved Offeror has been finalized.
Please send submission to:
Sandra Marez, Community Relations Manager
New Mexico Mortgage Finance Authority
Questions pertaining to this RFQ must be submitted via MFA’s website. Questions will be checked on a daily basis.
The FAQ will CLOSE December 8, 2023. This timeline may be extended at MFA’s discretion.
To submit your questions, scroll down to the “Ask a question” section, enter your name, email address, and type your question in the “Question” box. MFA will make every attempt to post response to questions within two business days of submission.
*Note: Questions may not be asked outside of this format in order for all applicants to have equal opportunity to obtain information.
Ask a Question:
Frequently Asked Questions, Answers and Responses:
- Question 1: Whether companies from Outside USA can apply for this?
- Answer: Any firm or company can apply if they think their firm meets the criteria as outlined in the RFQ.
- Question 2: Can we perform the tasks (related to RFP) outside USA?
- Answer: It is MFA’s strong preference to have someone local or from the region perform the tasks as outlined in the RFQ.
- Question 3: Whether we need to come over there for meetings?
- Answer: Yes, there will be planning meetings throughout as well as walk-throughs at various stages of conference planning in which in-person attendance would be preferred. It is MFA's strong preference to have someone local or from the region perform the tasks as outlined in the RFQ. Per the RFQ, under Part II: Scope of Work/Services to be Performed, Service #4: On-Site Management with Hotel during the Days of the Event/Conference Offeror will be responsible for assisting MFA lead staff person during the days of the event/conference. Offeror will help troubleshoot any unforeseen circumstances that arise involving conference participants, speakers, and hotel management. The offeror will be expected to be at the conference facility/location in advance of the formal program starting to conduct a walk-through with MFA staff to ensure that all last-minute details have been accounted for.
- Question 4: Can we submit the proposals via email?
- Answer: Yes.
- Question 5: Do you have a list of details from past events of what you need for the event? It would be great to get a better overview of the whole event and the Scope of the Work.
- Answer: Please see RFQ – Background – Pages 2 & 3.
- Question 6: For example, how many guests do you anticipate?
- Answer: Over 350 participants.
- Question 7: Do you need a hotel and transportation?
- Answer: No.
- Question 8: What audio/visual needs do you need?
- Answer: Hotel will provide and MFA will contract with additional companies if needed.