Whether you own or rent, live in a single-family home or a mobile home, you can apply for weatherization services. If you rent, your landlord must consent to having the home weatherized and sign an agreement that gives you certain tenancy protections before weatherization services can be performed.

Priority and Ranking

Priority is given to persons over 60 years of age, persons with disabilities, families with children, and high energy using homes. If someone in your household receives Disability Income, Supplemental Security Income (SSI) and/or Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF), you are automatically income-eligible for program services using DOE funds. Other requirements may apply.

If no one in your home receives SSI or TANF, your household income must be at or below 200 percent of federal poverty guidelines in order to qualify. Income limits by family size are listed below.

Income Qualification Chart

Family Size Income Limit
1 Person $30,120
2 People $40,880
3 People $51,640
4 People $62,400
5 People $73,160
6 People $83,920
7 People $94,680
8 People $105,440

Add $10,760 for each additional person over 8 in a household.

Client Stories