HOME Rehabilitation Program
MFA's HOME Rehabilitation Program provides home repairs to bring the home up to code or accessibility modifications to homeowners who lack the resources to do so. Services include but are not limited to:
- Hazard reduction measures such as the installation of ramps or rails in bathrooms for elderly or disabled individuals who are at risk of falling
- Accessibility modifications for individuals with disabilities that include the installation of handrails and ramps or widening doors
- Repair or replacement of major housing systems such as furnaces, ducting or water heaters
- General and essential property improvements that are non-luxury in nature including roof replacement and mobile home replacement
- Measures needed to bring a home up to code or into compliance
- Energy-saving measures that help improve the efficiency of the heating and cooling of the home and reduce utility bills
Do I Qualify?
General eligibility requires that:
- Household income must not exceed 80% of the Area Median Income adjusted for location and household size. View the HOME Income Limits and Maximum Rents PDF to see if you qualify.
- The home must be owned and occupied by the applicant and be their primary residence
- The value of the home to be rehabilitated must fall within program guidelines. Find the home value limit for your area of the state here: Rehabilitation Program Home Value Limits
- Proof of income
- Proof of homeownership
- Photo ID for adults over 18
How Do I Apply?
MFA partners with seven (7) organizations that provide rehabilitation services in specific areas throughout the state. Review the map below to determine which MFA partner is working in your area. Please contact the agency that services your area directly.
Areas Served and Agency Contact Information
|Bernalillo County Housing Department (BCHD)
|Ohkay Owingeh Housing Authority (OOHA)
|Ohkay Owingeh Pueblo
505-852-0189 ext. 148
|San Felipe Pueblo (SFHA)
|San Felipe Pueblo
|Southwestern Regional Housing & Community Development Corporation
|Doña Ana, Eddy, Grant, Hidalgo, Luna, Sierra, Curry, De Baca, Lincoln, Chaves, Roosevelt, Otero, Lea
***NOTE: Grant, Hidalgo, Luna, Sierra, Doña Ana, Otero, Roosevelt, Chavez and Curry counties all have a 5+ year waiting list and are not currently accepting applications for those counties at this time. Please check back often for updates or contact Southwestern Regional Housing & Community Development Corporation directly for details.
|El Camino Housing Authority (ECHA)
|Catron, Socorro, Torrance, Valencia, Cibola, Colfax, Mora, Taos
|Santa Fe Habitat for Humanity
|Santa Fe, San Miguel, Tesuque Pueblo
505-986-5880 ext. 103
|MFA Home Improvement Program (HIP)
|Guadalupe, Quay, Harding, Union, Rio Arriba, San Juan, McKinley, Los Alamos
|Effective February 29, 2024, the application acceptance period for Guadalupe, Quay, Harding, Union, Rio Arriba, San Juan, McKinley and Los Alamos counties has closed. Please check back often for updates, or contact the program manager at 505-767-2233.
What to Expect After Applying
- Apply for the program through the service provider in your area (see list above).
- You may be placed on a waiting list for your county.
- The service provider will contact you with the next steps.